[pct-l] Thru-Hiking On A Budget

Eric johner27 at evergreen.edu
Sun Mar 6 22:38:07 CST 2011

John,

I think the $500 figure is close.  It would include a lot of yogi-ing,
raiding hiker boxes, meals from trail angels, no splurging in town, and
heavier gear.  Obviously you spent quite a bit on some SUL gear and you'll
be eating quite healthily and with variation on the trail.  With $500 most
of the meals would be beans + some carbs.  I prefer to spend the money and
get a bit more comfort out of the trip. My budget it pretty close to yours.
 Thankfully, for my next thru-hike, I'll have all the gear! (If it lasts...)
:)

Regards,
Eric