[pct-l] Thru-Hiking On A Budget

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 22:45:32 CST 2011

well those $500 guys made alot of their gear and didn't go into towns much
unless they really had to and then didn't buy burgers and beer while they were
there. They ate out of the hiker boxes alot and bought alot of their clothes at
thrift stores. It doesn't have to say Patagonia to be good stuff! and even then
thrift stores have that stuff too u just have to be willing to take the time to
look. One fo them actually wore a pair of shoes that I put in the hiker box in
Cascade Locks all the way to Canada. He said they were the most comfortable
shoes he had on the whole trail! They didn't use a bounce box either. just
sayin...

I don't think I could do it that cheap it either but definite;y can be done for
under a grand

Sugar Moma