[pct-l] Ebbetts Pass this Friday 7/15 to Sunday 7/17

Douglas Tow douglastow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:22:54 CDT 2011

Good morning!

I will be at Ebbetts Pass this Friday, 7/15, at about 8 AM, through 6 PM
Sunday, 7/17 (daylight hours only).  Look for the PCT trailhead sign at
Highway 4.  If I am not within sight of that exact spot, I will leave a note
letting you know where I am.  I will have hot food, homemade brownies, and
other refreshment for section and thru hikers, as well as some backpack
consumables.  Sit a while, drink some Coke, coffee, or apple juice, eat some
fried eggs and chili!  Ditch your trash, and fill up with clean water.  I
know it's only one or two days out of Sonora Pass, but say hi in any event.

I will also be offering one or two rides a day into Markleeville, as long as
I have a volunteer hiker to stay at the angel stop while I drive others into
town.  At the end of the day Friday and Saturday, I can take 2-3 one way
into Markleeville, though most overnight accommodations there are not
staffed late.  After 6 PM on Sunday, I can take 2, maybe 3 hikers anywhere
we can agree on, on the general route back to the Sacramento area from
Ebbetts Pass.  That could mean through Tahoe, or Jackson, or via Hwy 99.

Every have fried sourdough bread with jam?  Don't knock it until you've
tried it!

Doug