[pct-l] Erik the Black's Maps: They're Excellent!!!

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:02:10 CST 2011

I used both extensively last summer, Half Mile's over the deserts to Walker
Pass, and Eric's from there north, and found Half Miles to be more accurate,
Eric's to be more convenient.   That was an opinion expressed by many I
hiked with last year.  Due to the small size of Eric's, which in part led to
them being more convenient to use, we would often have to refer to Half
Miles, which are just bigger, and cover more ground.  Eric does have a great
product, but the two sources have their benefits, and drawbacks.  It's up to
everyone to decide, and then hope others on trail have something else to
compare to when there's a question.  Either will get you to Canada if you
have the legs to carry you.

Shroomer