[pct-l] socks

Mike fox15rider at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:06:26 CST 2011

Just wanted to tell you about our plan for socks.

We are using Adidas running socks from Costco.  Also in the sierras I will
switch to Costco brand wool socks.

The Adidas are low top polyester running socks. I will have 3 pairs on me at
any given time and will swop out one pair at each drop.  I will constantly
swap socks though out the day to keep my feet dry and let my socks dry out.
Usually every 3 hours or so I will swap socks and hang them off the back of
my pack to dry.  If we stop for lunch I will take off my shoes and put my
trail sandles on "foam Crocs" and pull the insole out of my shoes to let
them dry.
I have about 45 pairs of the Adidas and will have one fresh pair in each
drop.

Your feet are the most important thing on the trail!  so if it cost $100 for
socks then spend the money! if you get a nasty blister or wear a hole in
your socks your feet wont be comfortable.  Also socks break down over time
and on the trail it doesn't take long before they provide no cushion at all
and give you blisters easier as the material is no longer soft..

Happy Trails
Thumper & Stumbling Goat
www.mspct.com