[pct-l] OPB is researching a story on thru-hikers from Oregon!

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:24:44 CST 2011

> Nathan,

You really should contact Lint,  who is on facebook as Lint Hikes, and is a
sextuple crowner.  that is, not only has he hiked the PCT (twice), but also
the continental divide trail, the appelachian trail, and several others.  He
works as roofer in Portland during the rainy season.  He is a great guy
and is a natural leader who's personal magnetism draws other hikers to him.
He also has a great human interest story to boot as to how he got into
hiking which I will defer to him if he wishes to share it .  I was fortunate
enough to meet him and briefly hike with him in '09 and was able to
introduce my wife to him at Cascade Lockes PCT Days.

His body is covered with tatoos consisting of maps of the thru hikes he's
accomplished.   As he likes to note, the only area of skin left for another
tatoo of a thru hike would have to start with a trail head.