[pct-l] MAIL DROPS :

albert at survivalcrafters.com albert at survivalcrafters.com
Wed Jan 26 16:11:57 CST 2011

I jumped in with interest in the original question because of a statement I
saw on a site:

"You can hike the Pacific Crest Trail without any Food Drops and with little
trouble."

I thought this sounded a little unrealistic but from what I've read here
it's doable if someone wanted to go that route. At my age (53) and to get
the most enjoyment out of each day I feel food drops with more nutritious
menus are a necessity for me. The jerky and chips and occasional sodas and
treats I can pick up along the way at quick-marts are icing on the cake as
far as I'm concerned and I will look forward to them, but I desire a quality
diet most of the time.

Albert