[pct-l] Warner Springs Resort

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:24:53 CST 2011

Yes they have wpened it up, but you have to walk through private land to get
there. His actual grave is public, and part of the park although it is
seperate from the bulk of the properties.   I'll be hiking a section of Mt
Wanda this Thursday right across from it, and will be paying my respects
then.  I'll print out some up to date directions after that hike.

We've done a lot toward preserving what parts of his old ranch are still
open space, and you can now hike for miles in several directions from the
Muir house.  You can even pick fruit in some of his old orchards here in the
Alhambra Valley at several locations.

Shroomer