[pct-l] Warner Springs Resort

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 00:06:32 CST 2011

Schroomer writes: Re: John Muir ....... His death, and the realization that if San Francisco could dam up one of the great canyons of Yosemite National Park, finally brought congress around to seeing that the National Parks needed an agency to protect them, even from the government itself.  Sorry, I can go on.  Anyone out there on this list excessivly moved by Muir, should give me a hollar.  I live directly in back of the park in Martinez, and love to take hikers and angels on tours of the lovely old place, and a hike up Mount Wanda, and Helen nearby, where he took his two daughters hiking when they were young.  I've done it for years, and if not on trail myself, welcome the time with fellow trail lovers.
Switchback replies: Did the authorities ever open up John Muir's grave site to visitors?  Years ago when I was there you could not go to the grave site to pay your respects.

=