[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 37, Issue 23

Halfmile list at lon.net
Tue Jan 11 23:49:35 CST 2011

Dr Pete,
I'm not aware of any closures around Hwy 74 and no info is posted
about one on pcta.org.

You might be thinking about the Station Fire Closure 230 miles N (a
little past Wrightwood). This is the only PCT closure I am currently
aware of and if causes the 47 miles detour (with a 37 mile road walk).
This past fall the Angeles National Forest extended the Station Fire
closure through Sept. 2011, so it may effect 2011 PCT hikers.

http://www.pctnews.com/2010/station-fire-closure-extended-9/

I have maps available here, or you can download the same map from pcta.org:

http://www.pctmap.net/detour/index.html

-Halfmile
www.pctmap.net