[pct-l] (no subject)

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:00:41 CST 2011

Thank You for the responses.  I have not seen or heard of the Dromedary bag
before.  I live in the redwoods in Northern California and have never had to
be concerned about water.  I like the weight and apparent durability of
these bags, however I do not know about the black shell.  I would imagine
the water gets very hot on a sunny day.

I like the idea of a wire mesh bag.  I grew up in the desert (never really
did any packing at that time) and recall all the mice and rats.  I have
unfortunately lost some food to some ambitious animals on Mount Shasta and
use a bear canister wherever I go now so that never happens again. I
understand that dropping that weight can only help your chances of making
it.

As far as how much my base backpack weight is, I do not know.  I have never
really worried about that before; In my defense I have never backpacked so
many consecutive days so I am figuring this stuff out.  Some of my gear such
as my sleeping bag is neither the lightest or smallest so I may even need to
replace some essentials.

Thank you for the responses.