[pct-l] Superfeet and Ponchos

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:57:29 CST 2011

After training for years on the hills and our local mtn. I was prepping for
the PCT last Feb and thought superfeet insoles (the green ones) would be a
good addition.  Bad move.  My feet had been fine at 10 to 20 miles per day
for a long time, but after several hikes with the superfeet, I developed
plantar fasciitis and have just finally gotten it to go away after a year.
 I took them back to REI after the first week.

I struggled with PF over the deserts and it only got better over the snow of
the High Sierra.   It returned in the early part of WA, and stayed with me
until about 2 weeks ago when I finally took all pads, arches and even the
basic insole out of my montrails, and I am finally pain free.  I'm now
walking on flat shoes with no padding, and running and hiking trail pain
free.  I hope it lasts.

Shroomer