[pct-l] Ride to the ADZPCTKO from the trail.

J M evilempress2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 14:48:06 CST 2011

Shepherd,

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel confident enough with the response to
reserve my space at the Kick Off. I was in Ned's Snow Skills class this weekend
and he asked me if I was going to kick off. I told him that I wasn't planning on
it because I might be too far to get a ride. He told me to get on the PCT-L list
to find out about getting a ride to and from. The community around this list is
great!

As for my hiking speed - I'm planning on slow and easy to start. I pushed myself
to almost failing this weekend during the the Snow Skills class. Granted, I was
hiking at over 8000 feet with a full pack on snow shoes but it definitely let me
know my current physical limitations. I'm not running a race. I'm excited to be
outside and on the trail, whatever that ends up meaning to me. I'm very grateful
to Mountain Education for allowing me an opportunity to get my eyes opened prior
to starting. Apparently I have some training to do - LOL.

Joyce

"Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."
www.explorationmonkey.blogspot.com