[pct-l] Why don't we wee more Thoracic bags (front packs / balance pockets / bodypack) in the Industry?

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Feb 6 22:47:00 CST 2011

I have an old A-16 external frame backpack, now retired. When I used it and
carried my old Canon SLR, the A16 had a D-ring on each side near the top
and designed for the camera strap to go thru. I used a piece of parachute
cord with a snap hook on each end to connect to my camera / case. Thus all
the weight of the camera was transferred to my pack and then down to my
waist. Did have some problem with the camera swinging and beating against
my chest. I had to remember to adjust the rope to one side before removing
my pack or I got strangled. ;-)

Maybe one could contrive something similar for the internal frame packs.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters.  <>