[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Mon Dec 12 11:09:21 CST 2011

Lisa,

I got the Lightheart Solo Cuben Fiber this fall.  I've only used it
twice and have no first-hand information about its performance in
extreme conditions.

It is very easy to set up; I've never had another tent that is faster to
put up.  It's also extremely light, if you don't count the weight of the
pair of trekking poles.  It's almost as roomy as my old Sierra Designs
two-man tent, and the view of the stars through the bug net is
terrific.  It looks like it will perform well in the elements, but time
will tell.

I got a set of titanium L-stakes from Six Moon Designs to go with the
tent.  They are light, strong, and grip much better than my old round
aluminum stakes.

David