[pct-l] Thru-hiking SOBO/Harts Pass

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Apr 14 15:29:07 CDT 2011

Just remembering back to the days I hiked through Rainy Pass and
Harts Pass, I recall that Harts Pass was crawling with people. Tons
of cars in the parking lot and people day hiking all over that road
that goes up to that mountain top. (I'm betting it was a Saturday.)

Rainy Pass also had a lot of people, but less than Hart's Pass.
(Probably was a Friday.) I'm sure there's more traffic and it's
probably easier to get to Rainy than Harts, but Harts is far from a
deserted outpost, at least as far as my minimal experience goes.

Dang. There goes my post count again.