[pct-l] Cell Phone reception

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Thu Apr 14 16:00:52 CDT 2011

Check out Halfmile's website--it has cell phone reception info---www.pctmap.net. He doesn't have US Cellular, tho. I used Verizon and it was great in Calif--even in mountainous areas as long as you were on a ridgetop. Not so good in Washington. Only problem was at Trout Lake in Washington only ATT worked, but I carried a phone card to be able to use a land line. Also Sierra City in CA was in a canyon, so no cell reception. Again I used a phone card at a pay phone.
--Fireweed