[pct-l] Esbit Cubes

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 12:11:34 CDT 2011

Regarding the plastic 2 part Caldera Caddy, think "multi-use". Empty, it
weighs 2.63 oz.

I use the shorter top section as a soup and/or mixing bowl - capacity 8-12
fluid oz.

I use the taller bottom section as a hot drink container - capacity 20 fluid
oz to the bottom of the threads; probably 30 max. It also serves as a
measuring cup at dinner and a water collector from spring pipes.

I no longer need a separate 4 oz mug or a 1.5 oz folding bowl.

On each section of the caddy, I used clear packing tape to cover a narrow
strip of paper which I marked in fluid ounces; makes measuring a snap.

Into my caddy goes the Caldera Cone and Graham Cracker stove, a REI nylon
table knife, the esbit fuel tablets, Bic lighter, and a spare
bandana/kitchen towel. If I'm carrying a hardboiled egg out of town, that
sits securely in the bandana. The whole thing slides easily into one of the
lower outside mesh pockets of my pack. My cooking pot goes into the outside
mesh pocket above that one.