[pct-l] Esbit Cubes

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:49:14 CDT 2011

Love carrying hard boiled eggs out of town; they're great.

I don't carry a cup, only my old titanium kettle, which is in turn marked in
cup measurements and a ziplock bowl with snap on lid( at less than an oz. )
for re-hydrating, serves as a cup, regular bowl, etc.

I had thought at one point that I might carry a piece or two of wire which I
could loop around the Caldara wind screen in case the connecting groves were
damaged or even to have a more adjustable screen ( although the designed
tight fit does maximize fuel efficiency ) and substitute two my ti tent
stakes for the pot support and use two others to support the screen.

Ultimately, I just liked the heavier weight of the malleable MSR screen for
my purposes.  I tried a couple of homemade aluminium foil screens, but just
wasn't satisfied with the results.

WAIT.  Did I just say I preferred something heavier?

Hope to see many of you at Kick Off.