[pct-l] Antishock Trekking Poles

Kevin Cook hikelite.pctl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:25:31 CDT 2011

Wouldn't an elliptical cross section make them weaker along the wide axis? Intuitively it seems a circle is the strongest in all directions. I want my poles strong no matter which way I'm falling. :p

Anti shock is probably worth more to the manufacturers as a marketing gimmick than it is to hikers.

Mine have anti shock. Would I car did it didn't? No. Might be lighter. I think a collapse le pole without it might be ideal, but mine don't feel heavy, so anti shock is just a bonus. Can't hurt. Might help.

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.