[pct-l] Antishock Trekking Poles

Peter Shaw pshaw999 at cox.net
Sun Apr 10 09:56:55 CDT 2011

Black Diamond Contour. They also don't have those unreliable twist locks.
They have cam locks that do not slip when the pole is put under a lot of
pressure. The cross section is elliptical, not round, and that adds to their
strength without adding undue weight.

I have had anti-shock poles for the reason Chuck suggests - they seemed like
a good idea at the time. But I never found them to have any benefit and I
wouldn't go back to them.

Peanut Eater