[pct-l] NEW REVOLUTIONARY ULTRA LIGHT CONCEPT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Apr 9 08:54:06 CDT 2011

Hi gang,
There seems to be a lot of anxiety and concern about food and pack
weight and how to reduce pack weight.
As a speed hiker I have been experimenting with a lot of UL concepts in
preparation for my past JMT record attempts.

Before I sign off, I would like to share with you my revolutionary  UL
concept that will absolutely revolutionize UL backpacking as we know it
today and which was such a smashing hit at the 2006 KO.

I meant to implement and market that concept but never got around to it
and now at age 70 I am getting a little
to old to embark on such ambitious venture and it would be best to leave
it to the younger generation to bring this exciting new concept to
fruitation so all backpackers, wherever they may be, can benefit from
this new exciting concept.

This is my way of giving back to the trail community for the enjoyment
it has given me.

I will not be here to help you implement this new, exciting,
revolutionary  UL concept but Switchback and Groundpounder know all
about it and will be glad to help you implement it or answer any
questions you may have, or you can click the link below,  to my 2006
post to the list, to read all about it.

Well, got to go now, it's time to get ready to go skiing in the Sierra
again.

ADIOS....my friends.....it has been nice knowing all of you......hope to
see you all on the trail someday.

JMT Reinhold

http://www.backcountry.net/arch/pct/0603/msg00587.html