[pct-l] tent footprints

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Apr 8 17:58:30 CDT 2011

In the context of thru hiking, Alphabetsoup has it right--just duct tape any punctures and call it good!

Let's hear from prior thrus: What did your tent look like at the end of the trip (after almost 180 pitches)?

Mine usually have multiple holes from missed twigs and certainly stretched seams from high wind, both necessitate a full tent replacement!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd