[pct-l] Writing a naturalists field guide to the PCT

Justin West cjustinwest at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:59:16 CDT 2011

 Hello all,
I haven't posted here much, but I wanted to get the word out about a
Kickstarter
campaign<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trail>I
just launched a few days ago.  I am trying to raise funds to write and
publish a naturalists field guide to the PCT.  I thru hiked the AT in 99 and
will be hiking the PCT over the next two summers with my partner Li An.  We
will be conducting vegetation community sampling along the way and out of
that  I would like to create a hiker friendly ultralight resource for
getting to know the ecology, dynamics, and flora and fauna of the PCT.  I
hope to write it in both a hard copy format as well as an ultralight
downloadable app for a handheld or kindle or something of that nature.  I
was pretty shocked to discover in my research of the PCT that, while there
are several mileage guide resources, there doesn't seem to be any
ecoliteracy focused guide books for what is probably the most biodiverse
trail in the entire world.  Please check out the link for my Kickstarter
campaign
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trailand
you can watch a brief video that has, at the very least, some eye
candy
photos of the PCT.  I hope you can make some financial support as well and
in effect pre order your copy today!  Also for more info about us and our
plans see our website at www.storythewalk.wordpress.comThanks and look
forward to meeting you at the kickoff party or on down the line.
Best
Justin West