[pct-l] Managing condensation;

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 10:07:37 CDT 2011

Hello all,

So last year I did a double walled tent and it was pretty straight forward;  take the fly off and shake lime he'll ( it would be soaked top and bottom, but nothing would get In the mesh part of the tent.

This year we are trying a hybrid tarptent;  which is roomy; airy;  but last night got covered in condensation,  inside and out.

We had he whole thing sealed up,  flaps closed, vestibules closed... To try and keep some cold out...  But it ended up being a sheet of frost outside and significant ice inside...

Obviously in warm weather just leave the vestibules drawn back... But any good tips for the cold nights (last year we'd be in the 20's F.)  to manage keeping cold out and not filling with water inside.

Our quilt was PLENTY warm so if we need to just leave the vestibules open to the winter wind let me know,

Thanks so much for any feedback and advice,

Paul

Sent from my iPod