[pct-l] Boots?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Sep 15 08:53:24 CDT 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 12:28 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
>  My question is are there other boots out there that others have
> tried that worked or other
>   remedies to prevent or prolong the development of blisters/
> swelling feet?

If you have tried boots, trail runners and all kinds of different
types of footwear, my suggestion is to trigger your feet to swell and
THEN go shopping. My feet swell very nicely after a day hike and then
a beer. I'm serious. It sounds like you are buying all of your shoes
too small. You need to go try them on with the blisters and swelling
in place and only buy them if they don't hurt. Don't let anyone
"professionally" fit you. They always sell shoes too small. Whatever
any professional offers, go up one or two sizes.