[pct-l] Story Teller Needed

Rees Hughes Rees.Hughes at humboldt.edu
Fri Oct 22 23:09:39 CDT 2010

For the past several years, Corey Lewis and I have been collecting stories for a two-volume anthology we are calling “The Pacific Crest Trailside Reader” that will be published by The Mountaineers Books in 2011.  We have organized the stories so that they move north with the trail starting at the Mexican border in Volume 1 and the Klamath River in Volume 2.  We are almost finished with over 90 stories representing the range of PCT experiences. And, I should add that Corey and I have committed to returning all book profits to the trail through the PCTA.

We were reviewing our selections again today and realized that we need to strengthen the beginning of the Oregon/Washington volume with a story from a thru-hiker that focuses on the area between the Klamath River and Crater Lake.  It could be written in journal format covering a span of a several days to a week.  It could incorporate some reflection on other experiences along the length of the trail. However, we have limited pieces to roughly 2,000 words and our final deadline is soon upon us.  Anyone willing to give this a try?

I would be happy to talk more with you if you have an interest.  I could send you sample chapters that might be helpful and explore angles no already included in other stories.  Please do not hesitate to contact me at hughes at humboldt.edu

Rees Hughes (aka, Boris, Uncle Rico, Team Geezer, Mr. Question)