[pct-l] my first post: a test.

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 16:12:08 CST 2010

Hello All,

i spent a while this summer hiking around the PCT and decided to try a real thru
hike in 2011.  I will be hiking with my girl as a couple...

actually heard about PCT-l from Bigfoot who i met in warner springs.  look
forward to hearing lots of good advice and meeting some pottential 'classmates'.

this is our rough gearlist so far for the two of us...

REI flash 65 2lb 9 oz    ( 41 oz)
ULA circuit 2lb 4 oz    ( 36 oz)
Myog sleeping bag for two 2lb 2 oz    ( 34 oz)
2 X neo air 1 lb  4 oz  ( 20 oz)
Nemo meta 2p w/ bags and stakes 3 lb 3 oz   ( 51 oz)
2 X thermolite ractors 1 lb           ( 16   oz)
4 X black diamond ergo cork poles 3 lb  4 oz  ( 36 oz)

Electronics
     -  garmin Dakota 20
     -  headlamp
     -  panelcell light
     -  batteries
     -  bag for it all
     -  Sony H55 + charger / cord
   1 lb 3 oz  ( 19 oz)
Kitchen
     - brunton stove
     - msr tit.   canteen
     - alpha   utensils
     - two X-mugs
     - gsi non-stick   scraper Total 15 ounces.
Clothing – Paul
     -  Montbell down jacket
     -  Tilley hat
     -  smartwool beanie
     -  Buff neck gaitor
     -  MHW typhoon jacket
     -  button up shirt
     -  adventurers pants
     -  running shorts
     -  3 X socks
     -  lightweight gloves
     -  capilene 3 sleepwear
     - dirty girl   gaiters
     -  packtowel
    Total 3 lb 8 oz
this puts us under 22 Lbs + her clothes, assuming hers are at 3Lbs,  we should
have a shared baseweight just under 26 LBs including clothing worn.
our goal was shared baseweight of 24 Lbs.

suggestions?

nice to meet you all, thanks for your time,

~Paul