[pct-l] Every oz. counts....the lighter the better

Carol Whitehouse carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 14:17:46 CST 2010

If he hiked Humphrey, he did.  But if he hiked in Sedona, it was probably very nice. CQ

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Kevin Cook <hikelite at gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder if JMT Reinhold got snowed on. It's all white this morning in Flagstaff :)

The argument that less hair means less weight may not be valid. I contend that more hair means I can get by with a lighter hat, or no hat at all!
I say this partial tongue in cheek. I have a long pony tail, and I actually do "use" my hair in the backcountry. It can serve as a scarf, ear warmers, and mosquito protection. :)  And I don't often carry an insulating hat into the backcountry. A bandana and a lot of hair keep my head warm. :)