[pct-l] Snow Weather Clothing Recommendations

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Nov 3 17:47:08 CDT 2010

John,

Sorry to have taken a week to get to your snow clothing question, but we,
too, have been getting ready to teach our 10 "Basic" Snow Courses scheduled
for this winter and have not been able to get to email until now.

We (Mountain Education) teach snow travel techniques and wilderness safety
every year and have been doing so since 1982, so we are current on what
"works" and what to stay away from regarding what to take into the snowy
backcountry.

We will be publishing onto our Forum at Postholer
http://postholer.com/MountainEducation a lengthy discussion for our students
about what to wear and what to bring to our Snow Courses. Rather than tie up
time and space here, you can go there for more information that will help
you out.

We were just out on the Crest in the snow last May and June filming for our
Snow Guide to the PCT and you can see some of the stills at
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/South-Lake-Tahoe-CA/Mountain-Education/157155614308934.

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education