[pct-l] Snow in northern California?

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon May 10 19:23:23 CDT 2010

Starting south from Castella, the first big snow you'll hit is in the
Grizzly Peak and Mushroom rock area. I use the Stouts Mdw snotel site to
gauge this section. In most normal years, you would have 10-20 miles of snow
in Sec O on Memorial day.  Today the Stouts mdw snotel shows 96inches of
snow(!), with 12inches added today.  I'm sure the snow thru Lassen is also a
challenge. When I flew down to the KO,  I had a great view of the Marbles,
Russians, Alps and SecR and each are still snowed in.  I'll update with the
local NorCal (SecQ-R) info when I can get in.  Big snow year up here.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=stm