[pct-l] VVR

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 09:31:39 CST 2010

Bill,

As you are aware since you have been to VVR, one can not run up a $400.00 tab unless one is partaking in some very serious partying..  Even eating 3 meals a day and taking advantage of showers/washing machine/boat rides and such is not going to cost you 4 c-notes.  This type  of behavior is at best irresponsible.

This discussion of VVR reminds me of what happened in 2006 with the Tacquitz Inn.  For a number of years it was the preferred stopover in this trail town.  However, in 2006 a number of hikers decided that they were entitled to pack in more than the posted limits (yes they are posted very clearly in the office) of guests in each room without paying the additional surcharge.  Even though the owners provided many ammenities free of charge, we as a hiker community still felt we were entitled to more and the owners finally decided enough was enough.

Fortunately there is another business in town that enjoys supporting the hiker trash community, but it is really unfortunate that our sense of entitlement created this situation and we lost a good relationship with this business.

Elevator