[pct-l] VVR

Bill Thoms wthomsjr at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 06:30:25 CST 2010

Ever heard the saying, 'You get what you pay for.'?  Of course, this applies
to most business transactions, such as what occurs at a store or trailside
amenity like VVR.

I heard one complaint about VVR from a hiker I met last year who had dropped
$400 in a couple of zero mileage days at VVR.  But he also sort of admitted
not paying attention to the tab he ran up until it was time to pay.

In my own overnight experience I spent less than $50, including the ferry,
shower, two meals and Snickers purchase. I also availed myself of large and
tasty package of licorice found in the hiker discard barrel.  I judged the
experience OK, and returned to the trail refreshed and invigorated.