[pct-l] VVR

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Mar 12 12:09:01 CST 2010

I've never been to VVR & Edison Lake, used Florence Lake approach
instead. my loss.

As the poster for VVR has said, I just looked at the Vermillion Valley
Resort page and it states: " Unclaimed Hiker Resupply box contents at
our discretion will be placed in the Hiker Barrels or sold in the store
to offset transportation, handling and storage costs."  Fair enough. VVR
is NOT responsible for your unclaimed/abandoned property. I suggest that
VVR put a reasonable sign in the store also saying that some items from
unclaimed hiker packages are sold to recover some of their costs just so
customers are aware of the practice.

I've seen other critical writings suspecting that some items from
packages are being sold.

Beyond that, if you don't like VVR, don't go. If VVR's prices are too
high, don't buy. No one else is supposed to help you or subsidize you on
your hike so accept what help you get with thanks and gratitude.

My 2¢,

Tortoise

Because truth matters"