[pct-l] VVR

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Thu Mar 11 17:44:55 CST 2010

There were a few random items on the shelves that looked like they "might"
have originated from last year's hiker bin, but that's a far-cry from
raiding personal parcels.  I'm quite sure that he would not open unclaimed
hiker packages - that would be criminal.  I appreciate you are passing it
along as a rumor and not making the accusation yourself, but it's a pretty
extreme allegation to spread.

I personally had a great time at VVR in 03, not so great in 07.  I didn't
feel the vibe was particularly friendly in 07, but then again, maybe the
last batch of hikers wasn't particularly friendly to the VVR crew and I
subsequently caught them on a bad day - we can be a spoiled and demanding
lot at times.

I expect I'll skip VVR this time around, but I wouldn't discourage others
from visiting, and I certainly wouldn't perpetuate rumors of mail theft
unless there was very strong evidence.  If I were running a hiker-friendly
business and I got wind that those sorts of allegations were being made, I'd
get hiker-unfriendly pretty fast. That's a hurtful accusation.

Just my two bits.

Potential 178
www.hikefor.com