[pct-l] VVR

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Thu Mar 11 17:55:28 CST 2010

Hey Paul et al,

I had read an account that the management of VVR opens unclaimed hiker packages and sells the contents. The explanation being that it helps defray the costs of people skipping out on their bills. But one of the VVR people monitors this list and might have a different response.

I had originally planned to visit VVR on this trip. I spent a night there in 2003 on a JMT hike. The food was hearty, the atmosphere convivial. But this time around, I am sending a package to Reds Meadow in order to stay on trail. Another option was going into Mammoth Lakes. The cost of a Mammoth Lakes zero and a VVR zero would, IMHO, be about the same. But with far greater resupply and dining options at Mammoth Lakes. I might end up going there anyway.

Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com

http://postholer.com/jj
http://ridgetrailhiker.com