[pct-l] mistakes I made while hiking the PCT

DAVID DRUM davedrum at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 9 11:34:32 CST 2010

How about a learn from our mistakes list?
I made too many to list, but one that stands out is when I hung my sleeping
bag to dry on a tree just before dark, too tired to look closely at the bag
before climbing in, I woke to little stinging sensations all over. It seems
the tree was covered in ants and they invited themselves into my bag for the
night, it took quite awhile to remove the little guys and I was covered with
little red spots for a day.

Dave