[pct-l] Sleeping Bag - For Hot Sleeper

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Mar 7 11:10:45 CST 2010

I did what Gary suggests for years and years.  It works, but a quilt is
made to be a blanket as well as a snuggle zone for cold temps.  Once I
tried the quilt I never looked back.  A feathered friends medium 20
degree bag - the hummingbird - is 27 ounces.  The Nunatak arc alpinist
medium is 20 ounces.  That's almost half a pound difference - a huge
number if your base weight is 10 to 12 pounds.

Again, the sleeping bag as blanket works - it just isn't ideal for what
Kathi described...

Jeff...