[pct-l] Sleeping Bag - For Hot Sleeper

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Sun Mar 7 15:30:38 CST 2010

Kathi,

I am going to venture that you are experiencing a issue with glucose, not a problem with your sleeping system. Have you ever experienced (or seen) how some new marathon runners will get shivers after finishing the race, even on a relatively warm day? This is due to the body effectively being out of fuel and shutting down until it can metabolize more from digestion or fat reserves.

Once you have rested a while, your glucose levels rise and you warm back up.

The prevention is to keep a steady fuel supply going in you, also your body will learn to adapt to the stress over time. The wrong thing to do is skip a meal because you are too tired, always make time for fuel!

Oh, and eating a bar of dark chocolate right as you crawl into your bag will do wonders to warm you up too.

BigToe