[pct-l] Lost Pack down the Kern

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Sat Jun 19 20:26:12 CDT 2010

I read about that incident on postholer.  When I hiked last year, it never occured to me to try to throw my pack onto the far shore inorder to make jumping across a gap easier.  After reading about his epic failure in that endeavour, I'll probably never try it either.  I was glad that he was able to hike out safely without it considering he had to still go over Forrester and Kearsarge.  It must suck for him to have to try and replace all his gear.  With all the earlier pack thefts and now this, not only is this going to be a difficult year because of snow, but an expensive year as well.

-Miner