[pct-l] Fw: [DCSAR] Interesting and ominous weather predication

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 17 09:05:25 CST 2010

Yeah, sounds a bit overdone, but I must admit it is nice to see someone with a little passion.  As far as actual precipitation we'll just have to wait and see.  while a big week long dump of snow will certainly help the drought situation, it will be hard to beat what we got in '98.  What worries me about this series of storm forecasts is that the colder storm is said to be followed by a warmer one based on the pineapple express.  A bunch of rain on a bunch of snow is what flooded Reno and Yosemite etc in recent years, and also in the past.  So we'll have to wait and see how the week, and then the next couple months unfold.  If it starts looking like '98, where some of the high basins and passes in the Sierra were still snow bound into August, it could make for a very interesting season indeed.  Personally I'm not thinking that will happen, but for now I am going to see if I can't find my umbrella and a rain coat...