[pct-l] 2010 Hiker Migration Estimated

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 24 11:55:13 CST 2010

I noticed that you gave five days between Wrightwood and Agua Dulce.  I'm
curious about this . . . since most of that section is closed and the
outcome pending, much depends on what the alternate turns out to be.  If the
alternate is trail/dirt road, I'd guess more hikers will take it. But if the
alternate winds up being a monster road walk, my sense is that the vast
majority of hikers will hitch around it by one means or another, shortening
that window of five days down to one. And there's always the unknown
variables of fires or storms, which can throw a monkey wrench into the
forecasting machine.

I've got my popcorn ready and am looking forward to the show, one way or
another. Bring it on!

L-Rod