[pct-l] permit

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sat Feb 20 14:53:05 CST 2010

Yeah, what L-Rod said. Don't give them an excuse to take away this
system for thruhikes - you may want it in the future.

Anyway, it really isn't THAT hard unless you are heading out late
minute with no time to plan. The guidebook tells you what areas need
permits in the intro to each trail section. True, the permit process
might have changed, but knowing the agency to contact and the internet
makes it easy to find the current rules. I have often had to get a
permit from one agency to start a section hike. In some cases their
website said to get the permit in person at their office on the west
side of the Sierra (Section J I think) but I called and they mailed it
to me. I thought Lassen National Park would be difficult but they also
mailed me a permit no problem. And yes, ANY national park or forest
should be able to issue a permit for their wilderness that is good
through the stated end of your hike.

AsABat