[pct-l] Treats found on the trail

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 11:31:21 CST 2010

Everyone knows that caches along the trail are wonderful, but the most amazing food item that we have ever found ON the PCT (near Timberline Lodge, OR) was an 3/4 full bottle of Canadian whiskey. We each only drank a capful, but it sure was smooth going down. Susan "Backpack45" Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-11423-Bay-Area-Hiking-Examiner
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.