[pct-l] Ray Jardine

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 15:57:44 CST 2010

I love that old copy too.  It was reading that book that got me slowly but
surely lightening my load.  Each year in the 90's I'd try at least one new
Jardine technique per backpack trip.  First was tennis shoes instead of my
old Vasque boots, and corn pasta.  The tennis shoes stayed, the corn pasta
was a bust, at least for me.  I know other folks had figured out some of the
ultra light phylosophy on their own, but it was reading Jardine that got me
to seriously looking at all my gear.  My pack is easily 35 to 40 lbs lighter
than it was pre-Jardine.

Shroomer