[pct-l] Ray Jardine

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 20 21:38:57 CST 2010

Good evening, Shroomer,

I don’t always agree with Jardine – maybe half the time – but I certainly
agree about corn pasta.  It is one of my all-time favorite trail foods.  The
way I like it best is simple:  Deep fried with a little salt.  It has good,
basic, whole-grain corn; corn oil for Calories and palatability; and the
salt that hikers need.

I have prepared it myself at home for a hike, but for convenience I now buy
it ready-to-eat.  My favorite brand is Fritos Corn Chips, although there are
many others on the market.  All of them are just corn pasta -- fried or
baked -- ready to eat.  Yum.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09