[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes?

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:13:59 CST 2010

Hi Lisa,

Just a couple of heads-up words of advice on your dehydrator.  If you use recipe books for backpacking food/dehydrator camping watch the salt content, I've tried tons of them and at least 70% have the salt content at a level I could not eat.  The second regarding a vacumn sealer, anytime you have anything with noodles, especially small pieces, they tend to poke through the bags creating pinholes when sealed, it doesn't happen with the commercial quality machines (better bags) but those start at around $1500.  Also you can purchase the small desicant packets to throw in that helps alot, just be sure to take them out before adding water since they are really chewy......

Steven (Flying Tortoise)

--Forwarded Message Attachment--