[pct-l] socks

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 09:20:23 CDT 2010

For my partial thru-hike this year, I used toe socks with a thin, longer sock as an outer sock.  Not even a hint of a blister in 1,000 miles.  I suggest buying one pair of toe socks nd trying them out in the neighborhood or the gym to see if you like them.  I like longer socks to keep the top of my snow gaiters from rubbing a sore on bare leg.

NeoAir pads are very popular - light weight and give great cushioning.  You have to blow it up, and it costs about $150.  Be REAL careful not to puncture it.

Mango