[pct-l] socks

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:27:06 CDT 2010

Sherry,

I think Dahlgren has socks at least partially made of alpaca wool.  They are
very soft and comfortable, but not very durable.  Had holes in the heels from
just day hikes, one summer.

I like Smartwool and a new brand, Teko (I think that is their name).  Teko
reviews say they are the longest lasting of the wool socks.  I hope they are
long lasting, since they cost about $16 a pair.  They are also very
comfortable.

I don't use inflatable pads.  I am comfortable with Gossamer Gear's Nightlite
pad.  Nothing to do but roll it out at the end of the day.  I also use it to
crash after climbing a long uphill section.

The Incredible Bulk