[pct-l] Flotsam and jetsam

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Apr 13 15:54:07 CDT 2010

I found a knife on the trail--twice. The same knife in the same
place. I'm sure it's still there. If anybody wants some guilt-free
trail booty, I know where there's a knife.

I believe in giving back to someone whatever is theirs that they may
have dropped or discarded. Maybe I give in too easily, but if I
scrambled down a slope to get some discarded shoes and somebody said
later, "Hey those are my shoes!" I would give them back. Maybe if I
had no shoes of my own anymore I would plead for a little reason or
ask to trade shoes with the guy, but otherwise, I'd give them back. I
figure the trail is all about trail magic and who am I to decide that
my efforts to retrieve the item weren't trail magic for the other
guy? Besides, it's just stuff.

I think we know what Traihacker's new trail name is.

Diane